Man charged in murder of Indian Head Park girl
December 1, 2011 (WLS) -- A man was indicted Thursday in the stabbing death of an Indian Head Park girl.
John Wilson was on parole at the time of the murder. Police say he stabbed 14-year-old Kelli O'Laughlin when she walked in on a burglary at her family's home.
Investigators say Wilson used the girl's phone to send text messages to O'Laughlin's mother.
Wilson's arraignment is scheduled for December 21. His lawyer said he plans to plead not guilty.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 32 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day... 38 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD