Man charged in murder of Indian Head Park girl
December 1, 2011 (WLS) -- A man was indicted Thursday in the stabbing death of an Indian Head Park girl.
John Wilson was on parole at the time of the murder. Police say he stabbed 14-year-old Kelli O'Laughlin when she walked in on a burglary at her family's home.
Investigators say Wilson used the girl's phone to send text messages to O'Laughlin's mother.
Wilson's arraignment is scheduled for December 21. His lawyer said he plans to plead not guilty.
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1 40 min ago
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash 3 min ago
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot 49 min ago
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Man charged with making video in hospital bathroom
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Orb trainer McGaughey fights nerves at Preakness 33 min ago
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos