Blago's lawyers allege juror broke judge's rules
December 16, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Lawyers for former Rod Blagojevich filed an emergency motion Friday morning alleging one of the jurors in the former governor's second trial broke one of the judge's rules.The Chicago Tribune is reporting that the filing cites a recent article by ABC7's news partner the Daily Herald.
Earlier this week the Herald reported Connie Wilson, the forewoman in Blagojevich's second trial, showed copies of her jury summons and questionnaire. Blagojevich's lawyers say Judge James Zagel ordered the juror's questionnaire be kept sealed and confidential. They say if Wilson violated the court's rules, Blagojevich deserves a new trial.
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town 51 min ago
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 25 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 5 min ago
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in...
51 min ago