Joffrey Nutcracker named best-loved in U.S.
December 24, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Joffrey Ballet's 'Nutcracker' has been named America's best-loved rendition of the holiday classic.
More than 50 productions from across the country competed for the award known as the 'Nutty.'
It is presented each year by Goldstar, an online membership site for half-price tickets.
In addition to bragging rights, the Joffrey will also receive a cash prize to be used for its education programs.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 4 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 28 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 2 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
28 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
2 min ago