Joffrey Nutcracker named best-loved in U.S.
December 24, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Joffrey Ballet's 'Nutcracker' has been named America's best-loved rendition of the holiday classic.
More than 50 productions from across the country competed for the award known as the 'Nutty.'
It is presented each year by Goldstar, an online membership site for half-price tickets.
In addition to bragging rights, the Joffrey will also receive a cash prize to be used for its education programs.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 51 min ago
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 57 min ago
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake