Group asks for Cardinal George's resignation
December 29, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An organization called "Truth Wins Out" is placing a full page ad in this Sunday's Chicago Tribune, calling on Cardinal George to resign.
Members are angry about the cardinal's recent comments about the gay community and the Ku Klux Klan.
The cardinal was commenting on the possibility that next summer's gay pride parade might interfere with worship at a Catholic church.
He has since softened his remarks but hasn't withdrawn them.
The ad says "gay is not like the KKK."
The organization said it fights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights.
The organization calls the cardinal's statements an "example of religious bigotry."
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 15 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 9 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
15 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos