Group asks for Cardinal George's resignation
December 29, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An organization called "Truth Wins Out" is placing a full page ad in this Sunday's Chicago Tribune, calling on Cardinal George to resign.
Members are angry about the cardinal's recent comments about the gay community and the Ku Klux Klan.
The cardinal was commenting on the possibility that next summer's gay pride parade might interfere with worship at a Catholic church.
He has since softened his remarks but hasn't withdrawn them.
The ad says "gay is not like the KKK."
The organization said it fights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights.
The organization calls the cardinal's statements an "example of religious bigotry."
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 13 min ago
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos