1st Cook Co. couple wed in '12 engaged for 5 years
January 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congratulations are going out to Diana Basner and Jeremy Nichols.
They were the first couple in line at 2:30 a.m. and the first to obtain a marriage license in Cook County in 2012.
After a judge waived the normal 24-hour waiting period, Cook County Clerk David Orr Married them on the spot.
It's a tradition dating back to 1991 in Cook County. The couple met five years ago on a bus.
Jeremy proposed to Diana on the second date. They've been engaged for five years.
The newlyweds were showered with gifts, all donated, that included a weekend for two at a Loop hotel, tickets to a downtown show, dinner for two and flowers.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos