Charges possible for mom of baby found in trash
January 4, 2012 (COUNTRY CLUB HILLS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Felony charges could be brought against the 13-year-old girl whose newborn baby's body was found in a dumpster in south suburban Country Club Hills.
Police say the infant was dead when they discovered him Sunday, and he had been put in the trash bin by his mother.
The girl reportedly told investigators she gave birth at her family's apartment. The state's attorney has not yet decided about charges because of the mother's age.
Also, it has not been determined if the child was stillborn or a live birth.
The Department of Children and Family Services, or DCFS, is investigating an allegation of abuse by the baby's mother.
There is no record of problems at the teen's home. Two other children living there are now with relatives.
The Cook County state's attorney has not decided whether to charge the girl because of her age.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting 26 min ago
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party 39 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 47 min ago
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Grab a pint or legendary pizza in Beverly
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
5 min ago