Charges possible for mom of baby found in trash
January 4, 2012 (COUNTRY CLUB HILLS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Felony charges could be brought against the 13-year-old girl whose newborn baby's body was found in a dumpster in south suburban Country Club Hills.
Police say the infant was dead when they discovered him Sunday, and he had been put in the trash bin by his mother.
The girl reportedly told investigators she gave birth at her family's apartment. The state's attorney has not yet decided about charges because of the mother's age.
Also, it has not been determined if the child was stillborn or a live birth.
The Department of Children and Family Services, or DCFS, is investigating an allegation of abuse by the baby's mother.
There is no record of problems at the teen's home. Two other children living there are now with relatives.
The Cook County state's attorney has not decided whether to charge the girl because of her age.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 16 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings 19 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 36 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward 41 min ago
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run 35 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos