Former Bear Sam Hurd indicted on drug charges
January 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Chicago Bears wide receiver Sam Hurd was indicted by a grand jury Wednesday on drug charges.The indictment accuses Hurd and a co-defendant of cocaine possession and conspiracy. Police say the two were trying to establish a drug dealing network in the Chicago area.
Hurd, who played at Northern Illinois University prior to his professional career, faces anywhere from 10 years to life in prison if convicted.
Hurd was arrested in Chicago last month after investigators say he tried to buy a kilogram of cocaine from an undercover agent.
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash 51 min ago
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Man charged with making video in hospital bathroom
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Orb trainer McGaughey fights nerves at Preakness
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos