Quinn pledges support to minister on roof
January 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn offered his help to a Chicago minister who has been living on the roof of a vacant motel on the city's South Side.
Reverend Corey Brooks has been on top of the abandoned hotel on 66th and South King Drive since November 22nd. He's using the vigil to raise $450,000 to buy the building and use the land for a community center.
On Monday, Governor Quinn promised Reverend Brooks that he'll help with the fundraising efforts And the minister's plan to build the center.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 47 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board 53 min ago
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot 32 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
59 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
47 min ago