Jane Addams Hull House closing doors
January 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It looks like the Jane Addams Hull House is closing its doors.
The social service agency has been struggling financially in recent years. Crain's Chicago Business is reporting that some of the agency's services may be picked up by the Chicago Housing Authority and the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
Hull House was founded on Chicago's west side in 1889 by Nobel Peace Prize winner Jane Addams.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD