CPS cancels after-school programs, sports due to weather
January 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Public Schools has cancelled all after-school activities and sporting events scheduled for Friday due to the snowstorm.
According to CPS, all after-school programs, including elementary and high school sports and driver's education, and third-shift preschool programs, will not take place. CPS says any contests will be rescheduled for Tuesday, January 24.
More than 400,000 students are enrolled in CPS schools.
chicago public schools, local
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 59 min ago
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River 18 min ago
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible