Skyscraper climbers step up for kids
January 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thousands of early-risers ran up the stairs of the AON Center Sunday to raise money for children's charities.
It was the 15th annual Step Up For Kids climb with climbers trying to reach the 80th floor of the skyscraper.
As usual ABC7's John Garcia was one of the more than 2,000 participants huffing and puffing their way up the stairs.
Proceeds from the climb benefit charities affiliated with children's memorial hospital.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 39 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
15 min ago