No special prosecutor in death involving Daley nephew
January 31, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There will be no special prosecutor appointed to investigate the 2004 death of a man who fell during a fight with the nephew of former Mayor Richard Daley, Richard Vanecko.
David Koschman hit his head in a brawl outside a bar with Vanecko.
Koschman's mother wanted a special prosecutor to investigate her son's death. But Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez has filed a motion saying the prosecutor isn't needed.
Vanecko was never charged with a crime.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer