Ready for spring? Support your local groundhog
February 2, 2012 (WOODSTOCK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Six more weeks of winter. Or not. Depending on which groundhog you want to believe -- Punxsutawney Phil or Woodstock Willie.
If you believe Punxsutawny Phil, you're in for a long winter. But if you side with Willie in Woodstock, Illinois, spring is just around the corner.
However, closer to home , groundhog Woodstock Willie did not see his shadow, which means spring is on its way. The quaint Illinois town has been celebrating Groundhog's Day all week. In 1982, the movie "Groundhog Day" was filmed there, and this evening there will be a free showing of the movie at 5 p.m. in the Woodstock Square (at Main and Cass) to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the film. http://woodstockgroundhog.org/
Whatever the weather, spring officially starts on March 20.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77