Ready for spring? Support your local groundhog
February 2, 2012 (WOODSTOCK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Six more weeks of winter. Or not. Depending on which groundhog you want to believe -- Punxsutawney Phil or Woodstock Willie.
If you believe Punxsutawny Phil, you're in for a long winter. But if you side with Willie in Woodstock, Illinois, spring is just around the corner.
However, closer to home , groundhog Woodstock Willie did not see his shadow, which means spring is on its way. The quaint Illinois town has been celebrating Groundhog's Day all week. In 1982, the movie "Groundhog Day" was filmed there, and this evening there will be a free showing of the movie at 5 p.m. in the Woodstock Square (at Main and Cass) to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the film. http://woodstockgroundhog.org/
Whatever the weather, spring officially starts on March 20.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Man charged with making video in hospital bathroom
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash 46 min ago
- Astronaut Lovell to dedicate Chicago memorial garden
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups
- Rose, Davies among honorees at Silver Circle Awards
- Maria's final class graduating
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin