Ready for spring? Support your local groundhog
February 2, 2012 (WOODSTOCK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Six more weeks of winter. Or not. Depending on which groundhog you want to believe -- Punxsutawney Phil or Woodstock Willie.
If you believe Punxsutawny Phil, you're in for a long winter. But if you side with Willie in Woodstock, Illinois, spring is just around the corner.
However, closer to home , groundhog Woodstock Willie did not see his shadow, which means spring is on its way. The quaint Illinois town has been celebrating Groundhog's Day all week. In 1982, the movie "Groundhog Day" was filmed there, and this evening there will be a free showing of the movie at 5 p.m. in the Woodstock Square (at Main and Cass) to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the film. http://woodstockgroundhog.org/
Whatever the weather, spring officially starts on March 20.
- LSD NB lanes closed Wilson to Foster by suspicious package 1 min ago
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos