Charges filed in Lynwood murder, kidnapping
February 3, 2012 (LYNWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Charges have been filed in a November home invasion and murder in the south suburbs.
The victim was found dead inside his home in Lynwood. The suspect was arrested in Gary, Ind., and is due in court Friday. Lynwood police say the man also faces kidnapping charges.
Detectives charged Calvin Griffin after police arrested him on an unrelated charge in Gary Thursday. He is charged in connection with a horrendous crime November 28. Eugene White Jr., 56, was found fatally shot in the head and the chest in his home, and his wife told police she was sexually assaulted, kidnapped by the attacker and dropped off in Chicago Heights.
Investigators have been saying they were searching for a lone suspect who was targeting the couple, but now they say another suspect is at large.
Police are not saying what the suspect's motives were. He was expected to plead not guilty.
local, jason knowles
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area 42 min ago
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case 38 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates 7 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
44 min ago
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
42 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
46 min ago