Probe into claims city sticker honors street gang
February 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The clerk's office is investigating claims that the newly unveiled city vehicle sticker honors a Chicago street gang.
It was designed by a 15-year-old high school freshman and supposedly honored first responders. But allegations have surfaced online that the heart and the way the hands are positioned are gang symbols.
City Clerk Susana Mendoza says she's looking into the allegations before deciding what action to take.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- NU women's basketball team committed to autism awareness
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...