2 shot at Markham nightclub
February 13, 2012 (MARKHAM, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two people were shot early Monday during a fight at a south suburban nightclub, police said.
Police say a group of men got into a fight inside The Zone club at 163rd Street and Dixie Highway in Markham around 1 a.m., and that fight spilled into the parking lot.
"Through the investigation [and] during the night, security wound up involved with an individual that was starting a fight and subsequently escorted them out and when they were out in the parking lot, two individuals were shot and they were taken to the hospital," Markham Police Department Chief Mack Sanders said.
Authorities say someone then grabbed a gun and shot two people in their late teens or early 20s. One victim was shot in the chest and is in critical condition. The second man is in stable condition with a wound to his arm.
No one is in custody. Police are talking to witnesses at the club, which may have been holding a "college night."
local, jason knowles
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos