2 shot at Markham nightclub
February 13, 2012 (MARKHAM, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two people were shot early Monday during a fight at a south suburban nightclub, police said.
Police say a group of men got into a fight inside The Zone club at 163rd Street and Dixie Highway in Markham around 1 a.m., and that fight spilled into the parking lot.
"Through the investigation [and] during the night, security wound up involved with an individual that was starting a fight and subsequently escorted them out and when they were out in the parking lot, two individuals were shot and they were taken to the hospital," Markham Police Department Chief Mack Sanders said.
Authorities say someone then grabbed a gun and shot two people in their late teens or early 20s. One victim was shot in the chest and is in critical condition. The second man is in stable condition with a wound to his arm.
No one is in custody. Police are talking to witnesses at the club, which may have been holding a "college night."
local, jason knowles
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 3 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 35 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged 14 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos