Art project to bring color to Loop street corner
February 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A new public art project is coming to the Loop this summer and it is sure to be a burst of color.
The Chicago Loop Alliance announced the art installation Thursday night and said it will be called "Color Jam."
It is the creation of artist and university of Chicago professor Jessica Stockholder.
Her idea is to fill a corner on State Street with color.
It will include both the ground and any nearby buildings.
The intersection hasn't been picked yet.
Previous Loop Alliance public art projects include a giant fiberglass eye.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 32 min ago
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather 13 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless 49 min ago
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill. 53 min ago
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time' 49 min ago
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
32 min ago
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game...
13 min ago