Art project to bring color to Loop street corner
February 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A new public art project is coming to the Loop this summer and it is sure to be a burst of color.
The Chicago Loop Alliance announced the art installation Thursday night and said it will be called "Color Jam."
It is the creation of artist and university of Chicago professor Jessica Stockholder.
Her idea is to fill a corner on State Street with color.
It will include both the ground and any nearby buildings.
The intersection hasn't been picked yet.
Previous Loop Alliance public art projects include a giant fiberglass eye.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77