Art project to bring color to Loop street corner
February 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A new public art project is coming to the Loop this summer and it is sure to be a burst of color.
The Chicago Loop Alliance announced the art installation Thursday night and said it will be called "Color Jam."
It is the creation of artist and university of Chicago professor Jessica Stockholder.
Her idea is to fill a corner on State Street with color.
It will include both the ground and any nearby buildings.
The intersection hasn't been picked yet.
Previous Loop Alliance public art projects include a giant fiberglass eye.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos