Daley on Maggie, 'I knew I was going to marry her'
February 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Chicago Mayor Richard Daley talked with reporters Wednesday night about his late wife and how he's dealing with not being in public service.
Daley now works for the law firm of Katten, Muchin and Rosenmann. He took part in an announcement that the firm is opening a new office in Shanghai, China.
Afterwards Daley reminisced about his long marriage to Maggie Daley, who died on Thanksgiving.
"When I first met Maggie at a party, I knew I was going to marry her," Daley said. "About a year later we got married. And for 40 years, with children and everything, it was wonderful."
Daley says he misses what he used to do on Saturday as mayor: get out into the neighborhoods and meet people at public events.
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 20 min ago
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore 18 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos