Beavers to be arraigned on Friday
February 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County Commissioner William Beavers will be arraigned on federal tax evasion charges on Friday.
The 77-year old was indicted last week for allegedly failing to report and pay taxes on income he earned by using thousands of dollars from campaign funds and county expense accounts for personal use.
Beavers claims he was charged after he refused to wear a wire to record conversations with fellow Commissioner John Daley.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes 33 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77