Beavers to be arraigned on Friday
February 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County Commissioner William Beavers will be arraigned on federal tax evasion charges on Friday.
The 77-year old was indicted last week for allegedly failing to report and pay taxes on income he earned by using thousands of dollars from campaign funds and county expense accounts for personal use.
Beavers claims he was charged after he refused to wear a wire to record conversations with fellow Commissioner John Daley.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation