Beavers to be arraigned on Friday
February 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County Commissioner William Beavers will be arraigned on federal tax evasion charges on Friday.
The 77-year old was indicted last week for allegedly failing to report and pay taxes on income he earned by using thousands of dollars from campaign funds and county expense accounts for personal use.
Beavers claims he was charged after he refused to wear a wire to record conversations with fellow Commissioner John Daley.
- South Loop shooting injures 2 1 min ago
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ill. House approves gun plan opposed by Quinn
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Dick Evey, former Bears' first-round pick, dies at 72 21 min ago
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old