Beavers to be arraigned on Friday
February 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County Commissioner William Beavers will be arraigned on federal tax evasion charges on Friday.
The 77-year old was indicted last week for allegedly failing to report and pay taxes on income he earned by using thousands of dollars from campaign funds and county expense accounts for personal use.
Beavers claims he was charged after he refused to wear a wire to record conversations with fellow Commissioner John Daley.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond 35 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 53 min ago
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Return Wisely
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos