Women's History Month celebrated
March 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- March is Women's History Month and a special celebration was held at the Thompson Center Thursday.
Attorney General Lisa Madigan, Lieutenant Governor Sheila Simonand Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka each presented four women with awards.
The honorees were singled out for their contributions in business and their communities.
ABC7's Karen Jordan hosted the event.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year