Students protest at DePaul president's office
March 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A group of DePaul students protested at the school's administrative offices Thursday night to protest a tuition increase.
Students met with the school's president for about a half-hour.
After the meeting a group of about 15 students elected to continue their sit-in until about 9 p.m.
The students want a tuition freeze and an additional public meeting before Saturday when the 2.5 percent increase for continuing students is expected to be approved.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store
- FEMA gives Des Plaines River homeowners option to sell 10 min ago
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare' 21 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 28 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 46 min ago
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen 20 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage 41 min ago
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 18 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake