CAIR banquet promotes A Future Without Bigotry
March 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations or CAIR held its annual banquet this weekend.
Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy was there.
The theme at Saturday night's event was A Future Without Bigotry.
Members and supporters of the Muslim-American community were recognized for defending the civil and constitutional rights of Muslim- Americans, and Americans as a whole.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago 26 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos