Divers pull body from Lake Michigan
March 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Divers Monday pulled a body from Lake Michigan near the site where a jacket of a 28-year-old missing man was found.
Police on the scene confirmed a body of a white male was found around 10:30 a.m. but it still needs to be identified.
Divers were in the murky, frigid waters looking for Phillip Patnaude. His jacket was found at Belmont Harbor over the weekend.
He is an engineer and is known to be an outdoors man. Family believes he came to the lake early Sunday morning after a night out at the bar with friends in Lake View. The lake holds special meaning to Patnaude, said his aunt, Barbara Moore.
"He is the most heart-warming person I have ever known," she said. "He is giving, caring, he was always there. He is like a friend. So if you look at his friends and how they are reacting, he is the same way. Absolutely a genuine person."
Family members will have to go to the medical examiner's office and identify the body. They are expected to do that Monday afternoon.
local, jason knowles
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 1 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 1 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 56 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 35 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
1 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
1 min ago