Statewide weather drill Tuesday
March 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- March is Severe Weather Preparedness Month in Illinois.
Tuesday, there will be a statewide drill at 10 a.m.
This annual exercise is conducted by schools, businesses, law enforcement agencies, emergency managers and the public to prepare for the severe thunderstorm and tornado season in Illinois.
A main component of this exercise is the ability to test weather alert radios, law enforcement communications networks and the emergency alert system equipment.
Several communities will also test their tornado sirens.
ABC 7 will also run a test of the emergency alert system at that time.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 3 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 15 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 1 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti 'feeling hopeful' for appeal 41 min ago
- Alleged robber shot, killed by store owner ID'd 23 min ago
- Couple injured after van lands in Huntley creek
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
15 min ago
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
3 min ago