Boeing brings 'Dream' to Chicago
March 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For the first time, Boeing's brand new aircraft, the 787 Dreamliner, has landed in the aerospace giant's hometown.
The plane made a quick stop at O'Hare International Airport Wednesday morning to pick-up several passengers. The airplane, which flies with the call sign ZA003, is in the middle of what Boeing dubs its worldwide "Dream Tour." The plane was in Chicago for just over an hour before heading for Mexico City.
Chicago-based United Airlines is scheduled to be the first US carrier to fly the 787 later this year.
local, ben bradley
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 49 min ago
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 To Go 12-19-13
54 min ago