Boeing brings 'Dream' to Chicago
March 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For the first time, Boeing's brand new aircraft, the 787 Dreamliner, has landed in the aerospace giant's hometown.
The plane made a quick stop at O'Hare International Airport Wednesday morning to pick-up several passengers. The airplane, which flies with the call sign ZA003, is in the middle of what Boeing dubs its worldwide "Dream Tour." The plane was in Chicago for just over an hour before heading for Mexico City.
Chicago-based United Airlines is scheduled to be the first US carrier to fly the 787 later this year.
local, ben bradley
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 19 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to... 28 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77