New City Bank fails
The New City Bank on South Michigan Avenue has failed and has been taken over by the federal government.
According to Crain's Chicago Business, indicted Cook County Commissioner William Beavers is vice chairman of the bank.
The FDIC will pay back depositors up to the $250,000 limit at which the government insures deposits.
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 19 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Metra train fatally hits man on NW Side 41 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 38 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Ill. communities spurring renewable energy
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- 7 in :77