Blago to supporter: 'Stay out of politics'
March 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Rod Blagojevich reports to prison Thursday. The former governor has just one more full day of freedom before beginning his 14 year sentence in Colorado.
On Tuesday night, he spoke briefly with a supporter after returning home from an outing to Lincoln Park Zoo with his wife Patti and their daughters.
When they got to their Ravenswood Manor home, they were greeted by a supporter of the former governor and several children on bikes. The supporter told Blagojevich she had put a letter in his mailbox and she said he doesn't belong in jail. The former governor offered her and other bystanders some advice.
"Don't give up, don't lose faith. Never give in and never despair," he said. "Stay out of politics."
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Lawyer: No more appeals for Crundwell 14 min ago
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 12 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout