Blago to supporter: 'Stay out of politics'
March 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Rod Blagojevich reports to prison Thursday. The former governor has just one more full day of freedom before beginning his 14 year sentence in Colorado.
On Tuesday night, he spoke briefly with a supporter after returning home from an outing to Lincoln Park Zoo with his wife Patti and their daughters.
When they got to their Ravenswood Manor home, they were greeted by a supporter of the former governor and several children on bikes. The supporter told Blagojevich she had put a letter in his mailbox and she said he doesn't belong in jail. The former governor offered her and other bystanders some advice.
"Don't give up, don't lose faith. Never give in and never despair," he said. "Stay out of politics."
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car...
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Man accused in sex assault of pregnant ex-girlfriend 47 min ago
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos