Lanes reopened on inbound Bishop Ford
March 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- All lanes were reopened, but traffic was moving slowly Wednesday following a crash on the inbound Bishop Ford Expressway just north of Sibley Blvd.
Multiple vehicles were involved in the accident.
One car was severely damaged and appeared to have been rear-ended by a semi-truck. Crews towed the semi off the road along with the other wreckage.
Delays initially reported at 90 minutes were down to approximately 55 minutes by 7:30 a.m. At one point Wednesday morning, the traffic jam had reached back to Interstate 80.
ABC7Chicago.com will update this story as more information becomes available.
local, roz varon
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 22 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 8 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 27 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos