Chicago hits 82, breaks record
March 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Friday was the warmest day so early in the year in Chicago's history with the temperature hitting 82 degrees, according to ABC7's meteorologist Mike Caplan.
The warm weather has broken more records. Friday marks the third time this month temperatures have hit the 80s -- more than in any March in Chicago history. What's more, the 80-degree temperatures came on consecutive days.
The record run may not be over yet.
"There is a very realistic chance we will hit 80 again tomorrow and possibly Sunday," Caplan said.
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party