Chicago hits 82, breaks record
March 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Friday was the warmest day so early in the year in Chicago's history with the temperature hitting 82 degrees, according to ABC7's meteorologist Mike Caplan.
The warm weather has broken more records. Friday marks the third time this month temperatures have hit the 80s -- more than in any March in Chicago history. What's more, the 80-degree temperatures came on consecutive days.
The record run may not be over yet.
"There is a very realistic chance we will hit 80 again tomorrow and possibly Sunday," Caplan said.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra train fatally hits man on NW Side 11 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 8 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Ill. communities spurring renewable energy 57 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant 54 min ago
- 7 in :77