Chicago temperatures break more records
March 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago smashed another high-temperature record Saturday, reaching 82 degrees.
It was the warmest St. Patrick's Day on record in Chicago and the fourth-straight day of 80-plus temperatures.
"It's this incredible string of records we're setting, not just daily record highs but historic highs for the month of March," said ABC7 meteorologist Phil Schwarz. "In the last 10 years, we have seen three of the warmest St. Patrick's Day on record."
Saturday's high of 82 topped the record of 74 degrees, set in 2009. Saturday marked the first time the Chicago area has had four 80-degree days in March, Schwarz said. Sunday's high is expected to reach 81, Schwarz said.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans