Fire takes over North Chicago buildings
March 19, 2012 (NORTH CHICAGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- The American Red Cross is assisting nearly a dozen people left homeless after a major fire in North Chicago.
The fire broke out at 10th and Sheridan Sunday night. Two auto body shops and an apartment building were involved.
One of the auto body shop buildings collapsed. The apartment building also collapsed partially, but no one was hurt.
There was no word early Monday on what caused the fire.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- Derrick Rose No. 3 in NBA Jersey sales 16 min ago
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77