Russian prez Putin skipping Chicago NATO summit
March 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It appears Russian President Vladimir Putin will not be coming to Chicago to attend the NATO summit.
A NATO official says Putin's visit is unlikely because of his busy schedule.
Putin is set to be inaugurated as Russia's president shortly before the summit, which takes place May 20 and 21.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Man in custody in fatal hit-and-run on West Side, police say 25 min ago
- Boston Marathon 2014 begins under strong security
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77