Pfleger 'in solidarity' with Trayvon Martin's parents
March 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Father Michael Pfleger is calling on churches across the Chicago area to participate in a rally for Trayvon Martin.
Pfleger is asking for churches to place a bag of Skittles candy, a can of iced tea, and a hoodie at their altars this Sunday. These are the items Martin had on him when he was killed.
Pfleger released a statement, saying, ''We may not all be able to go to Florida to stand with Trayvon Martin's parents, but we can do this in our church Sunday, standing in solidarity with them and then have a moment of silence to remember him and all those killed on the streets of Chicago.''
- CPS adds 3 schools to turnaround list 14 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- BNSF Metra trains moving again after semi crash at Kedzie 7 min ago
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK 49 min ago
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos