Pfleger 'in solidarity' with Trayvon Martin's parents
March 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Father Michael Pfleger is calling on churches across the Chicago area to participate in a rally for Trayvon Martin.
Pfleger is asking for churches to place a bag of Skittles candy, a can of iced tea, and a hoodie at their altars this Sunday. These are the items Martin had on him when he was killed.
Pfleger released a statement, saying, ''We may not all be able to go to Florida to stand with Trayvon Martin's parents, but we can do this in our church Sunday, standing in solidarity with them and then have a moment of silence to remember him and all those killed on the streets of Chicago.''
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 1 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in...
13 min ago
- LSD standoff suspect wanted in wife's murder
11 min ago