Rivers Casino fined for soliciting gamblers on self-exclusion list
March 23, 2012 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) (WLS) -- A popular new casino in the northwest suburbs was fined $25,000 for soliciting problem gamblers.
Rivers Casino admitted they sent promotional materials, cash advances and reward cards to four people on the state's self-exclusion list for gamblers last summer.
Rivers Casino's manager says the violations happened by mistake.
The casino was given some credit by the Illinois Gaming Board for reporting the errors itself, avoiding a fine that could have been several times larger.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5 48 min ago
- Stranded hiker rescued from Tenn. waterfall ledge 48 min ago
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,... 56 min ago
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport 43 min ago