Former city employee pleads guilty to DUI
March 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A former City of Chicago employee has pleaded guilty to aggravated DUI after he crashed a truck into a crowd of pedestrians.
The accident happened last May at Cedar and Rush on the Near North Side.
Dwight Washington was working for the Department of Streets and Sanitation when the truck he was driving jumped a curb.
Among the seven people hurt in the crash was a nanny named Jennifer Anton, who was able to push the child she was caring for to safety.
Prosecutors said Washington's blood-alcohol content was more than twice the legal limit.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 1 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting 11 min ago
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens 24 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
1 min ago