Water summit held at UIC
March 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Water was on the minds of several hundred young people at UIC Saturday.
A water summit held in observance of United Nations "World Water Day" was aimed at increasing awareness of the earth's fragile fresh water supply and the importance of sustainable water usage practices.
Sen. Dick Durbin, the sponsor of the bipartisan "Water for the World Act," gave the keynote address.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 52 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 18 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 24 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 29 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
32 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
52 min ago