Blagojevich home off the market
March 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Patti Blagojevich and her children aren't moving anywhere anytime soon. ABC 7 News has learned Illinois' former first lady took the family's Ravenswood Manor home off the market Monday.
"The home is temporarily off the market," Blagojevich family spokesman Glenn Selig confirmed to ABC 7. "Patti believes it's best for Amy and Annie to avoid the stress of showing a house during a time which has already been filled with so much upheaval. Showing the home is just too much for the girls to go through right now."
Aside from the trauma of seeing their father sent to federal prison, the Blagojevichs have also had difficulty finding a buyer. The two-story, five bedroom, four bath home was first listed in October for $1.07 million. The price was lowered to $998,000 two months later.
Rod Blagojevich successfully delayed by one month serving his 14 year prison sentence after requesting more time from a federal judge to help his wife with the sale of the home. It's a sale that never materialized.
It's unclear how Mrs. Blagojevich, who is a licensed realtor and listed the home herself, will afford the mortgage payments. When she initially listed the home last October, Patti Blagojevich said, "We tried for a long time now to hold on and not have to sell. We are, unfortunately, like many Americans and we can't afford to stay in our house any longer."
local, ben bradley
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 32 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 3 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 23 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
32 min ago