Blagojevich home off the market
March 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Patti Blagojevich and her children aren't moving anywhere anytime soon. ABC 7 News has learned Illinois' former first lady took the family's Ravenswood Manor home off the market Monday.
"The home is temporarily off the market," Blagojevich family spokesman Glenn Selig confirmed to ABC 7. "Patti believes it's best for Amy and Annie to avoid the stress of showing a house during a time which has already been filled with so much upheaval. Showing the home is just too much for the girls to go through right now."
Aside from the trauma of seeing their father sent to federal prison, the Blagojevichs have also had difficulty finding a buyer. The two-story, five bedroom, four bath home was first listed in October for $1.07 million. The price was lowered to $998,000 two months later.
Rod Blagojevich successfully delayed by one month serving his 14 year prison sentence after requesting more time from a federal judge to help his wife with the sale of the home. It's a sale that never materialized.
It's unclear how Mrs. Blagojevich, who is a licensed realtor and listed the home herself, will afford the mortgage payments. When she initially listed the home last October, Patti Blagojevich said, "We tried for a long time now to hold on and not have to sell. We are, unfortunately, like many Americans and we can't afford to stay in our house any longer."
local, ben bradley
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder 1 min ago
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage 19 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim 15 min ago
- Ill. House approves gun plan opposed by Quinn
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting 36 min ago
- The Weekender Report with ABC7's Roz Varon 46 min ago
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Frozen kefir: Think yogurt, but tangier and with more active...
- Dick Evey, former Bears' first-round pick, dies at 72
- South Loop shooting injures 2 12 min ago
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
47 min ago
- Tim McGraw surprises Orland Park veterans
16 min ago
- South Loop shooting injures 2
12 min ago
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
19 min ago