Blagojevich home off the market
March 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Patti Blagojevich and her children aren't moving anywhere anytime soon. ABC 7 News has learned Illinois' former first lady took the family's Ravenswood Manor home off the market Monday.
"The home is temporarily off the market," Blagojevich family spokesman Glenn Selig confirmed to ABC 7. "Patti believes it's best for Amy and Annie to avoid the stress of showing a house during a time which has already been filled with so much upheaval. Showing the home is just too much for the girls to go through right now."
Aside from the trauma of seeing their father sent to federal prison, the Blagojevichs have also had difficulty finding a buyer. The two-story, five bedroom, four bath home was first listed in October for $1.07 million. The price was lowered to $998,000 two months later.
Rod Blagojevich successfully delayed by one month serving his 14 year prison sentence after requesting more time from a federal judge to help his wife with the sale of the home. It's a sale that never materialized.
It's unclear how Mrs. Blagojevich, who is a licensed realtor and listed the home herself, will afford the mortgage payments. When she initially listed the home last October, Patti Blagojevich said, "We tried for a long time now to hold on and not have to sell. We are, unfortunately, like many Americans and we can't afford to stay in our house any longer."
local, ben bradley
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 4 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
52 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
4 min ago