Suburban man gets $1 million credit card reward
March 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A suburban man hit the jackpot simply by using his credit card.
It wasn't a normal Monday morning commute from Northbrook to downtown for Bill Kirkpatrick. He was welcomed to Union Station with a round of applause and a check for $1 million.
Kirkpatrick is the latest winner of a sweepstakes sponsored by Discover Card.
"The timing is excellent," said Kirkpatrick. "I know a million dollars is a big number. I know Uncle Sam will get a chance to take part in this. I guess I can say, on the positive side, I get a chance to help reduce the national debt."
Kirkpatrick said he has no plans to retire. He is planning to use the money to pay off his mortgage and put money in his son's college fund.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind.
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Chicago bridges lift as sailboats begin journey to harbors
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos