Suburban man gets $1 million credit card reward
March 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A suburban man hit the jackpot simply by using his credit card.
It wasn't a normal Monday morning commute from Northbrook to downtown for Bill Kirkpatrick. He was welcomed to Union Station with a round of applause and a check for $1 million.
Kirkpatrick is the latest winner of a sweepstakes sponsored by Discover Card.
"The timing is excellent," said Kirkpatrick. "I know a million dollars is a big number. I know Uncle Sam will get a chance to take part in this. I guess I can say, on the positive side, I get a chance to help reduce the national debt."
Kirkpatrick said he has no plans to retire. He is planning to use the money to pay off his mortgage and put money in his son's college fund.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 31 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 37 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality 32 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
24 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning...
37 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
31 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos