Pastor helps bulldoze abandoned motel
March 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An abandoned motel in Chicago's Woodlawn neighborhood is coming down.
Pastor Corey Brooks helped operate a bulldozer Tuesday morning.
Brooks spent 94 days on the roof of that building, raising money to have it torn down. He finally came down once the money was raised.
Residents say the building had become a haven for crime and drugs.
Now, Brooks wants to raise $15 million to build a community center on that site.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos