Hudson murder suspect in court for pre-trial hearing
April 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- William Balfour, the man accused of killing Oscar-winning singer Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother and nephew, returns to court Monday for a final hearing before jury selection begins in his upcoming trial.
Last week, a judge denied Balfour's request to delay jury selection.
The first potential jurors are expected to be brought in later this week. Opening arguments could begin in three weeks.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla 47 min ago
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches 31 min ago
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos