Hudson murder suspect in court for pre-trial hearing
April 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- William Balfour, the man accused of killing Oscar-winning singer Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother and nephew, returns to court Monday for a final hearing before jury selection begins in his upcoming trial.
Last week, a judge denied Balfour's request to delay jury selection.
The first potential jurors are expected to be brought in later this week. Opening arguments could begin in three weeks.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans