Hudson murder suspect in court for pre-trial hearing
April 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- William Balfour, the man accused of killing Oscar-winning singer Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother and nephew, returns to court Monday for a final hearing before jury selection begins in his upcoming trial.
Last week, a judge denied Balfour's request to delay jury selection.
The first potential jurors are expected to be brought in later this week. Opening arguments could begin in three weeks.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates