Cook County settles inmate lawsuit for $1M
April 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County will pay $1 million to settle a federal lawsuit filed by female inmates at Cook County Jail.
They claimed they were subjected to unreasonable weekend lockdowns of up to 50 hours at a time.
The civil rights lawsuit was filed back in 2003.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 38 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings 34 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Man shot in Lincoln Square 6 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos