Cook County settles inmate lawsuit for $1M
April 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County will pay $1 million to settle a federal lawsuit filed by female inmates at Cook County Jail.
They claimed they were subjected to unreasonable weekend lockdowns of up to 50 hours at a time.
The civil rights lawsuit was filed back in 2003.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 13 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 11 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum 48 min ago
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime 32 min ago
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Larkin High School poms squad honored 49 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day 50 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
42 min ago