Suspect crashes with squad car after police shots fired
April 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A driver who refused to pull over for police led officers on a brief chase on the city's West Side before crashing into a squad car.
Officers say they tried to pull the driver near the intersection of North and Grand Avenue, but he refused.
The officers chased the driver for a mile before he crashed into another squad car.
Officers fired shots at the suspect that did not strike him. He allegedly tried to flee the scene on foot but was arrested several blocks away in the 1200-block of North Lavergne Charges against the driver are pending.
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit 24 min ago
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m. 10 min ago
- Schaumburg couple injured in Oklahoma tornado
- Roseland Hospital to lay off 68
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- Kirk, Durbin supporting Pritzker as commerce secretary 26 min ago
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
39 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado "safe...
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos