Prestigious law firm representing 'rooftop pastor' Corey Brooks
April 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The South Side pastor who spent three months on the roof of an abandoned motel is now being represented by a prestigious law firm.
Pastor Corey Brooks camped out on top of the building to raise money for its demolition. He wants to build a community center on the site.
The law firm of Katten Muchin Rosenman, where former mayor Richard Daley is employed, is now representing Brooks.
The law firm took on Brooks and his Project HOOD -- Helping Others Obtain Destiny -- as a pro-bono client.
- Video: Chicago River dyed green for St. Patrick's Day 48 min ago
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force 39 min ago
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- 'Louder Than A Bomb' Poetry Slam 57 min ago
- Mercy Home For Boys & Girls 33 min ago
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- Chicago River dyed green for St. Patrick's...
48 min ago
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
39 min ago