Prestigious law firm representing 'rooftop pastor' Corey Brooks
April 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The South Side pastor who spent three months on the roof of an abandoned motel is now being represented by a prestigious law firm.
Pastor Corey Brooks camped out on top of the building to raise money for its demolition. He wants to build a community center on the site.
The law firm of Katten Muchin Rosenman, where former mayor Richard Daley is employed, is now representing Brooks.
The law firm took on Brooks and his Project HOOD -- Helping Others Obtain Destiny -- as a pro-bono client.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 17 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Newsviews: I-DOT Road Construction
29 min ago