Mourners say goodbye to Addie Wyatt
April 7,2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of mourners packed a South Side church to say goodbye to a Chicago icon.
A funeral service for the Rev. Addie Wyatt was held at Vermont Park Church of God.
Wyatt died late last month at the age of 88. She was a civil rights leader, a champion for organized labor and advocate for women's rights.
Wyatt was buried at Oak Woods Cemetery on Chicago's South Side.
- Barbara Byrd-Bennett: CPS system has to change 18 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- Kimchi- from Seoul to Chicago's bellyQ
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- London attack could be act of terrorism 12 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI
- Plane with cracked windshield lands safely at Midway
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- abcnews: Arias could be 3rd woman on Death Row
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos