Mourners say goodbye to Addie Wyatt
April 7,2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of mourners packed a South Side church to say goodbye to a Chicago icon.
A funeral service for the Rev. Addie Wyatt was held at Vermont Park Church of God.
Wyatt died late last month at the age of 88. She was a civil rights leader, a champion for organized labor and advocate for women's rights.
Wyatt was buried at Oak Woods Cemetery on Chicago's South Side.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 28 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 41 min ago
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym 44 min ago
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
4 min ago