Georgia woman reunited with lost dog in Chicago
April 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An 83-year-old Georgia woman was reunited with her lost dog Saturday here in Chicago.
Wyoleen Richardson drove all the way from suburban Atlanta with her son to get "Smokey," her beloved poodle.
Richardson said the dog, which did not have a microchip, was stolen one year ago. Months later, a couple found Smokey wandering outside a Georgia mall and took him in.
That couple recently moved to northwest suburban Mount Prospect and, with help from the humane society, found Richardson. She said she and Smokey are headed home for some overdue pampering.
"Monday morning he'll be at the groomers getting brushed and taken care of," she said.
Richardson said she had given up hope of ever finding Smokey after about four months of separation. She called the reunion "fantastic."
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana
- Fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 2 men arrested on drug charges
- Chicago Bears visit Washington IL as tornado communities brace... 50 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 2015 Ford Mustang unveiling to celebrate 50 years
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos