Georgia woman reunited with lost dog in Chicago
April 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An 83-year-old Georgia woman was reunited with her lost dog Saturday here in Chicago.
Wyoleen Richardson drove all the way from suburban Atlanta with her son to get "Smokey," her beloved poodle.
Richardson said the dog, which did not have a microchip, was stolen one year ago. Months later, a couple found Smokey wandering outside a Georgia mall and took him in.
That couple recently moved to northwest suburban Mount Prospect and, with help from the humane society, found Richardson. She said she and Smokey are headed home for some overdue pampering.
"Monday morning he'll be at the groomers getting brushed and taken care of," she said.
Richardson said she had given up hope of ever finding Smokey after about four months of separation. She called the reunion "fantastic."
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 1 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California 11 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 13 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All