Chicago man, 24, arrested on sex trafficking charges
April 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man has been arrested on federal sex trafficking charges.
Carl Brandon Smith, 24, is accused of forcing two minors and two adults to engage in sex acts.
Prosecutors say in one case he is accused of transporting a minor from Wisconsin to Illinois to engage in prostitution.
If convicted on the five counts against him, Smith faces a mandatory minimum sentence of at least 10 years to a maximum of life in prison plus a maximum fine of $250,000.
Smith is scheduled to appear for a detention hearing Thursday afternoon.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos